Skincare Routine

As I have ranted about over and over before, I have the WORST time with my skin. From acne, to scarring, I have just had an awful time finding something that actually WORKED for me. That was until I discovered Clinique. It's funny, because as a kid I always saw Clinique in magazines, and my family members used it as well; it was familiar from am in love with their products. With me working at Ulta Beauty, I always see and hear about products. We finally started carrying Clinique, so of course we had a training all about the brand and their skincare. After hearing about it, I decided to buy the trial pack to test it out.














What is really great about their three step system is it's tailored to your skins needs. For example, they're numbered 1 through 4. The numbers determine how dry or oily your skin type is. If you're skin is higher in oils you would go towards the 3 or 4, and if it is dry you would go towards the 1 or 2. Personally, I am a combination oily skin type with some dryness in my nose area, so I use a 3. If you are wanting the trial pack, they come in either a 2 or 3. Inside includes three products: Cleanser, Clarifying Lotion, and Moisturizer. Before cleaning my face, I use the Clinique Take The Day Off micellar wipes to remove any makeup from my face. These wipes are great since they have their remover formula in the wipes, it doesn't take more than one wipe to remove all of my makeup. Then I take the Cleanser for Oily Skin, which is the first step in the kit, and gently cleanse my face. Anytime I clean my face i remove the wash spa style- which basically means taking a warm wash cloth and wiping my face. Instead of just splashing water with your hands, this ensures that all product has been removed from your face. Then comes the second step in the kit, which is Clinique's Clarifying Lotion. I absolutely love this step, probably the most with my skincare The purpose of this product is to exfoliate your skin, without any harsh beads or granules scratching at your skin. To apply, I use a small cotton pad or cotton ball and put the solution on with that. Once you've finished with that, its time to moisturize. Moisturizer is very important, for that is what keep your skin hydrated and lively. Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel came in my kit, and it's fantastic. If gives you the thirst quencher my skin needs, but isn't very thick or tacky.















The next step for my skincare is my anti-aging products. I know what you're thinking, you're too young to think about that. But it's never too early to start aging prevention. The cause for aging is usually lack of collagen and elasticity in the skin, so I have a few products that will help put those back in keeping your face luminous and hydrated. For starters, Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Serum is a must! This product is great for aging, as well as unwanted texture on the skin. It's a very light serum, which means no greasy after math and it won't clog your pores. Then there's Estee Lauder's Revitalizing Supreme Moisturizing Cream. This cream is great due to its high anti-aging fighters, and the moisture this cream gives your face is so soothing. The product is a bit thicker than Clinique's moisturizer, which is why I like putting it on at night to let it all soak in while I'm sleeping.













With using these products, I've notices a great difference in my skin. My acne has cleared and the texture of my face has improved to the point where I can feel better about putting on less foundation on a daily basis. Although my face has cleared, I still get those unwanted breakouts once a month. When that happens, I have been using Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion as a spot treatment. All you do is dip a Q-tip into the solution, then place the treatment on the blemish. It dries into a hard, pink color and keep it on overnight! Once I wake up the next morning, I notice a significant difference in the redness and swelling of the blemish. With my previous acne, I have some scarring on my face from my terrible picking habit. I have found that Mario Badescu's Whitening Mask really helps lighten those scars to be less noticeable. You could also use this product if you have unwanted freckles on your face, or uneven skin tone that you'd like to diminish. Overall, this product can help lighten and brighten your entire complexion.










Philippians 4:13 :" I can do all through him who gives me strength. "

A little over a year ago I started my blog. It was a scary, and intimidating decision I'd made in a long time. When I started blogging, I had recently started going to my church as well. Having God with me, whispering in my ear "you should do this," it was an amazing feeling. As my faith has grown, I have realized that he's given me more strength every single day. As he gives us all strength every day! He helps us get out of bed every morning, he helps us everyday at work, and he helps us with challenges we face throughout life. You fall down, or get knocked down even, he is the one who gives us the strength to get back up and try again. I know through his word I have grown so much, and I am so excited to see what he does with me next.





I hope you all have a fantastic week! I have links to my social media pages at the home page, if you'd like to go follow them. Also, per each post I have a share button so if you wanna share with friends be sure to do so!

xoxo,
@mytayloredstyles




Popular Posts