Keeping the Style.. Hairstyle that is..

As some of you readers know, I am a hairstylist/cosmetologist; For those that didn't know, now you do! :)

With that being said, I am not only into doing my hair but the styling products that come along with it. I think it's safe to say I am a big of a hair product hoarder. When I hear of something new of course I use it on my guests at the salon, but I also want to use it on myself. I can talk about it all day, but actually using the product will help truly understand what it does and if it works for you. I am going to share my absolute FAVORITE styling products, what they do, and why I love them so much. Sound good?






Product 1: Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum

This is truly an amazing product. It is a product that all hair types can use, but differs in how much you use depending on that factor. You want to use this when your hair is wet, and really a small amount will go along way (unless you have a massive amount of hair). I normally use about a dime size, rub it through my palms, and focus it mainly on the mid shaft to ends of your hair. Due to this product being highly concentrated, you don't want to put it on your scalp or it can make it look.... greasy. 
The question is, why use it? For starters, this will help tame your frizz. I have naturally curly hair, so when I dry it my hair tends to get super crazy. This product will help tame your frizz, and keep it nice and smooth. Also, a fun fact: Super skinny serum also speeds up your drying time by 60%, so for those of you whose hair retains water and it takes FOREVER to dry, this product can help with that process. 
Another way you can use this product is once you're finished flat ironing or curling, you can take like a pea sized amount and run it through your hair to help tame your fly aways. A great thing is this product will last you a long time, so it is truly a great investment. The price will depend on the size bottle you get. I get the 5.1oz bottle, and it runs around $20.00 at Ultra Beauty. 



Product 2: Paul Mitchell Hot off the Press

Once you've dried your hair this is what you spray on before using your styling tools. For starters, this is my favorite heat protector due to how light weight it is. It's an aerosol spray, so you don't have any build up on your hair nor do you have what feels like crunchy or matted spots in your hair after spraying. Any time you're using heat on your hair, you want to put something on it to protect from further damage. Not only does this product protect your hair, but it also helps hold the style you're trying to achieve, and gives it an extra dose of strength. Also available at Ultra Beauty, this product runs about $18.00.


Product 3: Paul Mitchell Stay Strong Hairspray

To maximize your style, you always wanna spray it with some hairspray. It will help hold your style, and keep it lasting longer. This hairspray has been my go-to since it was put on the shelves. It is a heavier hold hairspray, since my hair never wants to hold style. Luckily, this is a hairspray I can use and my curls will last the entire day without touchups! Although it is a stronger hold, it doesn't leave any type of build up on your hair. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a chain store that sells this product; however you can find it at any local salon in your area that sells Paul Mitchell products. 





I hope this was helpful, and let me know if you end up buying and trying these amazing products! 

xoxo, @mytayloredstyles














Popular Posts